Startup Connect is an opportunity for Nigerian companies creating the next generation technology solutions for the African market to partner with Union Bank to aid their rapid growth. The programme is dedicated to matching technology-enabled startups from all over Nigeria with the Union Bank brand for a mutually beneficial collaboration.
If your team is working on an innovative, technology-driven idea to address critical social and business challenges in Nigeria, be sure to apply. Union Bank is calling for applications from startups and innovative enterprises addressing critical social and commercial challenges in Nigeria for strategic alliance.
Startup Connect is an initiative sponsored by Union Bank and it will be delivered by Co-Creation Hub Nigeria.
Who can participate?
- There is a strong interest in technology-enabled startups who are addressing critical social and business challenges in Nigeria looking to scale, leveraging Union Bank’s assets and reach.
- Startups that have gained significant traction and are interested in partnership with Union Bank to scale. Traction can be in number of users, turnover, geographical spread and so on.
The programme will be delivered through a three-stage approach which includes:
1. Select: Shortlisted startups will be invited to a pitch event
2. Develop/Accelerate: Over a 13 week period, selected startups will work with CcHUB and the bank’s staff, apply design thinking to create a usable proof-of-concept prototype that serves a chosen segment of the bank’s customers.
3. Deploy/Invest: At the end of the 13 week period, the results will be presented to the appropriate business units of the bank for deployment. Both parties will decide to either share revenue or explore equity investment.
Through Startup Connect, creative talents and smart businesses can access the bank’s 350 service centres and over 3.7 million customers across Nigeria to scale their solutions.
Apply now as entries close on the 1st of September, 2017
To apply, click here
Image Source: Union Bank