Agility – a leading provider of integrated logistics in the world is investing in Africa. As a company committed to supporting local capacity in Africa, Agility wants to capture the hope, aspirations and confidence of a new generation of Africans and the continent that they are rapidly reshaping.
Agility is calling on African professional and amateur Photographers to submit images that will open the eyes of the world to today’s vibrant, modern African reality with a chance to win up to $4,000.
Application Deadline: September 1st, 2016
Each category winner will receive a prize of US$2,000 and the grand prize winner will receive an additional $2,000. Winning photographs will also be featured in leading magazines and events.
1st Category: Africa’s transformation is being driven by growth and modernization in energy, manufacturing, agriculture, logistics and transportation and consumer goods. We are seeking photos that illustrate the strides Africa is making in productivity, commerce, consumer demand and investment.
2nd Category: Africa’s transformation has been accelerated by technology that gives its citizens the ability to connect to one another and the world as never before. We seek photos that show how people use technology to improve their lives, or showcases Africa’s technological innovation.
3rd Category: Africa’s political and commercial capitals are becoming global mega-cities as the continent urbanizes at a historic pace. More than 40% of Africans now live in cities. We are looking for photos that capture stories of urban life across Africa.
- The Africa 2016 Photo Competition is open to professional and amateur photographers from 18 years and above.
- No employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, or their immediate family members, can participate in the competition.
HOW TO ENTER
- All photographs must be submitted in digital format via this website: africa-2016.com.
- Entrants must complete the online entry form and include their name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photo, photo location, and photo caption.
- Entrants must also specify which photo category their entry belongs to.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to comply with the rules of the competition.
- Photos must be taken in Africa
- Photos must be high-resolution. Must be in JPG or PNG format, must be at least 1,600 pixels wide or tall, and the file size must be at least 1 MB.
- Photo must not have won an award at a previous photo competition.
- Only minor digital editing, color correction, and cropping of the photo are allowed.
- The photo must be free of Prohibited Content (as defined in the Conditions of Entry section)
1) Compatibility with the theme of a modern, hopeful Africa;
2) Creativity and photographic quality;
3) Impact and inspiration.
Register here to participate and please share