The Science by Women programme will fund a total of 10 visiting senior research fellowships for ten experienced African women researchers in any of the following international research centres of excellence in Spain.
- Being a woman
- Nationality of an African country
- PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience
- Solid working knowledge of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
Successful candidates will have access to the following benefits:
- Return flight from their center of origin, to the host institution
- Living allowance of 2,400 Euros gross per month to cover accommodation, personal expense and health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
Only applications submitted in English via the Science by Women website at www.mujeresporafrica.es will be accepted. They must include the following documents:
- Letter of Interest ( max. 1page)
- Full curriculum vitae
- Fully filled form
- Brief but concise description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host center (max. 2 pages)
- A letter of the prospective host group’s stating its interest to support the project proposed by the candidate.
Deadline for applications is September 20, 2017.
For more information, click here.